Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chag Atzmaut Sameach! Happy Independence Day!

I've been a bad girl. Haven't posted in quite a while, but there are a few excuses-ok- no excuses. Once a week- that's my goal now- post once a week. I really enjoy doing it. It's just that I get lazy and , I must say, somewhat intimidated. I regularly read other people's blogs (cooking and baking in particular) and there are so many that do such an amazing job. I never considered writing to be one of my strong points but I suppose one does not have to be a Hemingway to write a blog. Photography is also something new to me, in terms of taking food photos at least. I am awed by some of the photos on the various blogs. Ok, on to the subject of this post.
Tomorrow is Yom Ha Atzmaut -Independence Day in Israel. 61 years- such a young country and so much history. Couldn't resist the opportunity to bake a cake with the Israeli flag- simple orange cake with Magnolia Bakery recipe for buttercream. Cookies are in the process of being decorated. Another day or two and you'll see them here.

Chag Sameach- Happy Holiday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow,so cool!Wonderful blog.Coming to your blog We are very pleased to.
    Nice to meet you.We upload something about the works to the blog.
    We invite you to our blog.Look forward to your visit.Happy every day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!