Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Cookies






Today we are celebrating my friend Bonnie's birthday and since it is also Mother's Day ( in the U.S., not here in Israel , but no matter!) I decided to make a cake and cookies for all the girls on Mom's day. They were so fun to decorate and the possibilities are endless. The cookies are a delicious sugar cookie recipe I use and I play around with adding other flavors such as grated lemon or orange peel, even adding a few drops of different liqueurs to flavor as well. Royal icing added the final touches on top.



Very girlie cookies- a shoe, dress and purse.




For the base on each cookie I colored fondant and on some I rolled different textures on the surface.



Attaching the ribbons to the purses for the handles was a bit tricky.





I made the mistake of waiting until the fondant was dry.



I should have stuck the ribbon under the sugar paste when it was still soft.



Live and learn!






Bagged and ready to go!

Wishing Moms everywhere a Happy Mother's Day !

1 comment:

  1. way to go Yael :) These are gorgeous. love, cec and aunt dede

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!