Sunday, October 26, 2014

S’More-Style Chocolate Whiskey Pudding



Let's start with the end. Above you see the end result of this week's (and last one of the book!) assignment. Some of the comments: "This is a restaurant dessert!" , "so rich",  "sweeet! 
It really was all those things. 

Here's what it looked like before the spoon hit it. The s'mores effect on the marshmallow topping came out sort of funny looking but the idea and taste were certainly on spot. Rich, creamy chocolate pudding with a dash of brandy( no whiskey in the house at the moment). In  the middle a crunchy layer of crushed, baked lotus cookies ( can't get decent tasting graham crackers here, just off-brands and not worth it). The lotus or Biscoff cookies added a wonderful flavor.
 I didn't have any dessert cups ( now on the list of "need to buy") so I used wine glasses. Nice idea- wrong size glass. These were way too big. This dish is so rich and sweet that it really calls for a much smaller portion. OK, at least now I know what to look for when I shop for the dessert cups..
 Halfway through and shared by more than one!

What a sweet way to end the journey through "Baked Elements"! On to "Baked Occasions" ( as soon as it arrives in the mail...ergggg , it takes so long to go over the ocean!)

Get the recipe here at Baked Sunday Mornings.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your marshmallow layer. I ended up using whipped cream on the top but we loved it just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made mine too bit as well! I think these would be great assembled in shot glasses - just enough for a couple of bites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here-- I used two different sized dishes (wide ice cream dishes and ramekins), and the bigger ones were waaaay too big. Beautiful job, Yael! I'm sure the Biscoff was delicious-- I would love to try that sometime. I agree that this could be a restaurant dessert. Yes, onward to Baked Occasions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm, I can't even imagine how delicious with Biscoff. Your layers look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! I just got my book in the US last week, so I'm sure yours is so close! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I agree - it was super-rich and could be enjoyed in smaller portions. Biscoff were probably even better than graham crackers! And, I'm jealous of hos nicely your marshmallow topping turned out!

    I'm SO excited to start the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum, biscoff cookies would be so good with the chocolate! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I can't wait to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!