Sunday, March 31, 2013

Last Days of Passover

 

 Another eight days of matzoh is coming to an end. Although some feel that this holiday  is very limiting as far as baking goes, I actually look upon it as a challenge. I enjoy making cakes and sweets that are good enough not to be identified as "Passover versions". They need to be good enough to make and eat all year long. A  flour less chocolate cake (recipe and pics to come at another time) that is more like fudge than cake, and these Passover Coconut Macaroon Twix Bars from Kitchen Tested. These were a big hit, absolutely delicious and can be adapted for all year round.
One of my most reliable sources for amazing recipes is Smitten Kitchen. I don't think I've ever had a failure with anything of Deb's. This chocolate-hazelnut macaroon torte is a perfect example. Deb does not like using matzoh meal in any of her creations, so this has a multiple layer of large macaroons using ground hazelnuts (I didn't have enough hazelnuts so I used some ground almonds as well- worked just fine). I tasted some crumbs of the layers and it's just yummy! Mine didn't come out quite as pretty as hers, but I am happy with the result.

 

 Off for a month long trip to the U.S. with probably not much baking if any.  Happy Spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!