Monday, November 30, 2009

Weekend get away

I want to wish everyone who celebrated-a Happy Belated Thanksgiving. Being out of the U.S. and in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, I tend to let the date slip. Really sort of ridiculous , since all my friends and family live in the States and I need to wish them a happy holiday as well. But, the 27th is our anniversary and we have made a tradition of going away for the weekend each year at this time, so I was really out of touch with Thanksgiving this year.
We took a trip up to the northern part of Israel for a beautiful weekend at a lodge in a forest setting. Unbelieveable weather, walking and bike riding, great food ( too much- but what am I going to do- diet on a vacation weekend?!) all made for a really perfect get away.

me at breakfast- after a meal like this one, there was no need to eat for the rest of the day!


hubby in front of the fireplace in the lobby- that was nice!


a view of the entrance to a nearby town

On another note, we just got notice that we have to move out of our apartment by the end of December so we are in a rush looking for another place to live. Bummer!  Probably won't be much baking or cooking in the next few weeks, but I will try to get a few things in whenever possible.
Lovely week to all!

4 comments:

  1. Yael, oh i'm so glad you had such a great time!
    Loved the photos!!!
    Have a nice day!
    lots of love
    hugs hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yael. Thank You so much for your kind comments. It's going to be great to know you!
    love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long weekends away are always a welcome treat!

    Stopping by to say Happy Saturday Sharefest...and hello!...from SITS!

    I am also part of the Welcomista crew, which welcomes new members and give any advice. So I wanted to share a little piece of my bloggy experience with you. You should move your follower widget closer to the top of the column. You would be surprised how many people are looking for great blogs like yours that share recipes about delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you enjoyed yourself...I would never think of going there for a vacation. Thanks for enlightening me!

    Just stopping by from SITS today!

    My personal blog:
    www.finewire.blogspot.com

    If you are ever interested in a new blog design, I would love to work with you!
    www.onefineblogdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!