Sunday, October 12, 2014

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cupcakes



    

Ok, so I think there are times when some things are better left unsaid. Like the name of these cupcakes. It's fine for the baker to know, but the eater? Well, I can tell you that every person I mentioned the name to, made that scrunchy nose face. You know, the one that says "eych, what did you say? Not for me, thanks."  I have cooked and baked many a dish with odd combinations of food and when asked about the ingredients , I make out like it's some big secret that I prefer not to reveal. Yeah, right, like since when do I hold back on recipes? There's the chicken drenched in maple syrup 
(for some that might not be appalling at all but there are those that can't imagine sweet with their chicken)- I mean, maple syrup's for pancakes and french toast , right? I have a few others like that which don't come to mind at  the moment, but this cupcake recipe definitely falls into the same category. 


Not to worry though. These can be presented simply as chocolate cupcakes- or rather the BEST chocolate cupcakes EVER! If you think about it, mayo is simply eggs and oil. So in this recipe, thats where the eggs and oil come from. The consistency of the mayonnaise makes for a moist, delicious cake that doesn't crumble and just melts in your mouth. Nice and chocolatey with a simple, yet delicious chocolate frosting. So good!! (as I write, the hubby just inhaled one and said he has never eaten such a delicious chocolate cupcake!!)


Couldn't resist the adorable cupcake plates. Too perfect... so me!


You can find the easy recipe at Baked Sunday Mornings. Two more recipes to go before we finish book number 3. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of book number 4 ,"Baked Occasions" ,which promises to be just as amazing as the previous 3!
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look wonderful! And I used the same liners!! :)
    I loved these too. Even I said eww, when I saw mayonnaise as an ingredient...until I reminded myself it is mostly just eggs and oil. Silly.
    Pretty sure I'd make these again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I brought these into work and didn't tell anyone that their was mayo in them!!! I didn't want to gross people out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your frosting dollops. And so good to have you baking with us again!

    I can't wait to start on Occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cupcakes and super cute plates! P.S. I love maple syrup on my fried chicken! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you!